Fortis Orthopaedic & Sarcoma Group has one goal in mind, providing you with the musculoskeletal care you deserve. We will work with you to determine what the best treatment option is for you. For those who may require a multi-disciplinary/specialty approach to treatment, we will work closely with providers locally and abroad to ensure you receive the care you deserve.
About Shawn L. Price, M.D.
Dr. Price is a native of Cincinnati, Ohio, and a proud graduate of The Ohio State University. His interest in medicine started at an early age secondary to childhood struggles with asthma. During an undergraduate summer program, he spent time with Dr. Alvin Crawford at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center which further solidified his interest in orthopaedic surgery. In addition to general orthopaedic surgery, Dr. Price developed an interest in orthopaedic oncology after a rotation in medical school and because of personal loss secondary to cancer.
When not working, Dr. Price enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. He also enjoys his church activities, Ohio State football, running, weight-lifting, traveling, and the arts. Additionally, Dr. Price currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Lincoln Foundation in Louisville, Kentucky.
Dr. Price is Board Certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Shawn L. Price, M.D.
Education & Training:
- B.S., Human Nutrition, The Ohio State University
- M.D., The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health
- Internship, General Surgery, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Sarcoma Advanced Research and Clinical Fellowship, Musculoskeletal Oncology/Sarcoma, University of Utah Huntsman Cancer Institute
Certifications and Licensure:
- Board Certified, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Kentucky State Medical License (Active)
- Indiana State Medical License (Active)
- Pennsylvania State Medical License (Active)
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Musculoskeletal Tumor Society
- Member, Connective Tissue Oncology Society
Have questions or want to learn more? Click to contact us today!